How to make a fondant groom figure
Unique wedding cake toppers | wedding toppers
In this blog we will teach you step by step how to sculpt a fondant groom figure. This figure is never going out of trend so lets get started.
For this figure we will need:
- Black fondant
- White fondant
- Ivory fondant
- ovaniz fondant decorating tools
1. Unique wedding cake toppers tutorial – step 1:
Starting with the legs we will use 140 gr. of black fondant, 70 gr. for each leg.
2. wedding toppers tutorial – step 2:
Roll out the fondant to a long rope approx.12 cm long. Make it wider on one of the ends. Make an indent at the knee area.
3. Unique wedding cake toppers tutorial – step 3:
Insert skewers in the middle of legs very carefully and adjust if needed. Insert in to a foam base and set a side to dry.
4. wedding toppers tutorial – step 4:
For the shoes take 2 small pieces of fondant and shape them as shown in the picture.
5. unique wedding cake toppers tutorial – step 5:
For the body take 105 gr of white fondant and shape it in to a rounded rectangle.
6. wedding toppers tutorial – step 6:
Insert the body on to the skewers.
7. Take a small piece of ivory fondant and attach it to the top of a body to create a neck.
8. Roll out a piece of white fondant, make a hole in the middle and put it over the neck.
9. Cut out a stripe of fondant to make the collar.
10. Roll out black fondant, make a hole for the neck in the middle and put it over the neck.
11. Glue the fondant on the sides, cut out two small triangles for the jacket collar.
12. For the arms roll out a piece of black fondant to approx. 15 cm and cut it in half. and shape it in to an arm as shown in the picture.
13. Attach the arms to the body.
14. Make a small bow tie and attach it to the figure.
15. Insert the shoes on the skewers at the bottom of the figure.
16. Attach the arms under the jacket as if the hand are in the pockets.
You can also watch the tutorial here: the groom part starts at minute 35